Financial Analyst / Operations Manager with more than 20 years experience working for major Wall Street brokerage firm seeks a management or supervisory position in the financial industry.
NAME OF COMPANY, New York, NY 1973 to 2004
NAME OF COMPANY is a full-service brokerage firm and an industry leader in securities processing and electronic transaction services; is one of the premiere specialist firms on the New York Stock Exchange and the American Stock Exchange; as well as one of the largest clearing houses in North America.
- Analyst / Client Control Group (1995 to 2004)
- Vice President of Operations (1993 to 1995)
- Assistant Vice President of Operations (1973 to 1993)
- Significantly reduced labor and operating costs by converting the firm’s over the counter (OTC) system to an ACT format; increased profits 50%.
- Converted manual put and call options system to an online correction system that improved productivity, reduced labor costs, and increased profits 80%.
- Designed and developed a paper option system that streamlined the process, significantly improved productivity, and reduced operating costs.
Major Job Duties
- As a Certified Option Principal, oversaw option contracts and corrections.
- Maintained clients’ trading positions, Big Board and Amex contracts for trade date and cash trades; maintained (OTC) contracts (T+1) & (T+2) trade date plus one and two.
- Provided feedback on operational inefficiencies, errors and exposures through analysis of business activity with depositories, agent banks, clearing houses and commodity warehouse facilities.
- Interacted closely with line professionals and assisted them with compliance matters requiring real-time judgment and strong familiarity with business and trading practices.
- Worked with various business units to ensure that operational errors were resolved in a timely manner.
- Coordinated and assisted in firm technology projects to resolve control issues.
- Designed and maintained security system.
- Assisted in incident analysis and follow-up.
- Hired, supervised and cross-trained 14 clerks and one assistant supervisor.
- Worked closely with programmers to increase productivity, and reduce labor and operating costs.
Completed two years of management courses at NAME OF COLLEGE, New York
Proficient in Windows 2000, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Outlook
Sergeant, United States National Guard (1972 to 1978)