To obtain a position in the field of Civil Engineering that utilizes my analytical and interpersonal skills
Summary of Qualifications
• Air Quality Engineering • Engineering Economics • Technical Communications
• Solid Mechanics • Fluid Mechanics • Design and Construction
• Engineering Statistics • Soil Mechanics • Engineering Design
|Air Quality Engineering||Engineering Economics||Technical Communications|
|Solid Mechanics||Fluid Mechanics||Design and Construction|
|Engineering Statistics||Soil Mechanics||Engineering Design|
Michael Baker Inc. Pittsburgh, PA
Structures Intern, Summer 2010
• Collaborated on a pre-cast segmental post-tensioned box girder bridge project.
• Designed and performed quality control of stress analysis spreadsheets.
• Created bridge model and evaluated construction stages using MIDAS/Civil.
Civil Engineering Design, Spring 2010
• Designed and constructed a solution to water runoff problem at a site adjacent to parking lot.
• Project leader for design, scheduling and cost estimation of new site.
Window Power Feasibility Study, Fall 2009
• Studied the cost benefits and structural ability of installing wind turbines on the roof of a building in Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh Technology Center).
• Gathered relevant cost and system information from manufacturer sales associate.
Intersection Development, Fall 2009
• Developed alternative designs to improve safety and maintain efficient traffic flow of problematic intersection in Gibsonia, PA.
• Delivered oral proposal and final recommendation.
Pennsylvania Governor’s School for the Sciences Pittsburgh, PA
Teaching Assistant, Summer 2009
• Graded papers, fielded questions and held review sessions for the Organic Chemistry core course.
• Served as a team project leader for a group of students in the area of Spectroscopic Analysis.
Education and Professional Training
CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY Pittsburgh, PA
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering May 2011
Major GPA: 3.22/4.0 Overall GPA: 3.0/4.0