A talented Machinist with accumulated years of experience in machine shop practices, extensive experience in set-up’s and operation of various types of CNC and conventional machines, holding specified tolerances and finishes, and I’ve worked closely with engineering and programming departments to plan sequence of machine operations
Summary of Qualifications
- More than 7 years experience.
- Can set-up, program and operate various CNC lathe machines.
- Experience working with lots of different materials.
- Can operate all shop equipment machinery.
- Ability to implement and perform pm’s for planned maintenance programs.
- Excellent ability to use hand and power tools applicable to the trade.
- Perform multiple wheel machine set-ups and operation of large 4 and 5 axis NC vertical lathes and horizontal Mills.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow, safety procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to follow oral or written instructions.
- Able and capable of lifting 100lbs, can withstand extreme hot and cold conditions.
Honeywell South Bend, IN. 2006 – Present
- Operate CNC Lathe, Okuma & Howa, to manufacture parts / tooling to specific blueprints specs to within .0005 – .002.
- Set – up machines and maintain production.
- Materials include 43 series, Inconel, Titanium, and Stellite.
- Make edits to CNC program at machine controls when needed.
- Label all parts for tracking per ISO requirements.
- Knowledge and operation of Motch Vertical lathe, Makino, and Okuma machine centers.
- Check and document all parts on control charts.
- Operated horizontal band saw.
Honeywell South Bend, IN, 2003 – 2006
Machinist Apprentice-(aviation parts)
- Operated CNC lathe, Femco, Fanuc control, to manufacture parts to specific blueprints specs to within .001 – .005
- Operated CNC Mill, Fanuc control, to manufacture parts to specific blueprints specs to within .015
- Operated CNC Lathe, Daewoo, Fanuc control, to manufacture parts to specific blueprints specs to within .01 .
- Reading and interpreting measuring gages such as, micrometers, height gages, CMM’s and dial test gages to complete and validate work.
- Understand and interpret Blueprints, specifications, and operating instructions before and while running operations.
- Update related paperwork/work instructions upon completion of tasks.
- Materials include Inconel, K Monel, SST, Copper, Brass, Aluminum, Aluminum Bronze, 4130, Titanium, ect.
Education and Professional Training
2007-2010 American Red Cross certified in CPR, First Aid, and Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
IV Technical College
CNC Technology – Diploma 2003-2004
Intro. To Machine Tool – Bench Work, Layout Operations, and Measurements
(Micrometers/Calipers/Saws-Horizontal &Vertical/Drill Press)
— Basic Blueprint Reading – Interpretation and Sketching of Drawings
(Including Geometric Tolerances/Multiple view Drawings/Various Symbols)
— Engine Lathe Operations – Turning, Facing, Tapers, and Threading
(Set-ups/Speed and Feed Calculations/Dialing-in 4 Jaw Chuck/Center Drilling)
— Manual Mill Operations – Edge Finders, Dialing-in Pins, & Rotary Table
(Set-ups/Speed and Feed Calculations/Drills/End Mills/45 Degree Milling)
— Surface Grinders – Precision Grinding on Horizontal & Cylindrical Grinders
(Grind work piece parallel with +/- .0002 Tol. /Morse 3 Taper with +/- .0005)
— Machine Tool Math I & II – Apply Advanced Algebra & Right Angle Trig. To Blueprints in order to Calculate Tool Positions
— CNC Fundamentals – CNC Machining Set-up & Operation
(Circular Interpolation/Tool Paths/G Codes)
— CNC Mill Manual Programming – Part and Fixture Design & Manual
— CNC Lathe Manual Programming – Manual Program Development for Lathe Operations
— CAD/CAM Programming – Master cam Software
High School Diploma (2002)