- Senior DBA Professional with expertise on IBM MVS zOS DB2 and IMS mainframe platforms and proven success in evaluation, installation, customization, maintenance, reorganization and recovery.
- Knowledge of physical database design and experience in modifying PSBs and DBDs, creating databases, tablespaces and indexes per development specifications.
- Mentored junior DBA’s and managed 14 technical professionals in areas of performance management, rating, scheduling, adherence to corporate policies and procedures, training and development.
- Proven success developing results oriented team using leadership, problem solving, and interpersonal and organizational communication skills.
Course (Stream)/ Examination
Year of Passing
|Bachelor of Technology||Anna university||2014||80%|
|HSC||SAMS Higher Secondary School||2010||84%|
|SSLC||Vetri Higher Secondary School||
- Platforms: IBM Mainframe MVS zOS
- Languages: SQL, DDL, DCL, DQL, REXX, CLIST, SAS
- DBMS: IBM IMS zOS DB and DC V9
- RDBMS: IBM DB2 zOS V8
- IBM IMS HA Tools: Copy, Reorg, Recovery, Index Builder, Change Accum, Pointer Checker, DBRC, Omegamon
- IBM DB2 Tools: Unload, Load, Copy, Reorg, Recovery, Check.
Mainframe Programmer Analyst
January 2016 – Present
- Assisted in installation, maintenance and support for DB2 and IMS database systems.
- Provided assistance for research, planning and execution of new database upgrades and patches.
- Conducted detailed research and development activities to support new technology for groups.
- Prepared technical documentation for policies and standards based on database management.
- Formulated procedures for tasks such as database configuration, capacity planning and performance tuning.
- Coordinated with application development teams for resolution of issues relating to database performance and functionality.
- Automated processes for implementation and testing of data backup and recovery plans.
- Worked with technical teams for operational support of Oracle and SQL server databases.
November 2014 – January 2016
- Supported technical team members for installation, configuration and maintenance of DBMS software applications.
- Assisted in development and implementation of relational databases for overall enterprise.
- Formulated effective procedures for maintenance and improvement of DB performance and scalability.
- Coordinated with technical teams for database security, diagnostic maintenance and permissions.
- Automated processes of all database systems by utilization of scripts and stored procedures.
- Provided technical assistance for monitoring and selection of software products for data management.
- Participated in support service, query and analysis to ensure efficient database access processes.
- Conducted problem analysis and resolution of problems relating to application software products.
Proficient in working with software and utilities:
Efficiently managed database operations:
- Performance tuning
- Database Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Security management
Sound knowledge of:
- LEAN methodologies
- Data models and dictionary
- Database architecture concepts
Strong capability to perform:
- DB2 command line creation and execution
- DB2 performance tuning
- Database scripts