- A solution focused Compliance Officer with 17 years of experience overseeing the compliance functions pertaining to Sarbanes Oxley and COSO standards.
- Recognized for maintaining and keeping track of developments in the regulatory and governance environment.
- Proactive in imparting knowledge in the areas relating to Corporate Governance and Ethics.
- Highly adept in identifying gaps and risks in Operations & Commercials as well as developing and implementing strong systems of checks and balances.
Course (Stream)/ Examination
Month/ Year of Passing
|M.Com (FM) in Financial Management||
MVJ College- Chennai
Arignar Anna Arts College – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Internal Audit
- Ethics, COSO
1.) Compliance Officer
Company Name-Location – May 2007 to Present
Responsible for handling Compliance & Ethics for India Operations. (Since May 2007) Amec Foster Wheeler is a global Engineering, Procurement, Construction contractor in oil & gas, clean energy, environment & infrastructure and mining markets, having offices in two locations and several operating sites in India.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Part of Compliance strategy formulation team at corporate level.
- Implement Policies, Procedures and Practices to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations for the entity including but not limited to ICFR.
- Management of Delegation of Authority and approval matrices across the entity.
- Imparted knowledge on governance, anti-bribery law (FCPA and UK Bribery Act) to Process owners and refresher training conducted for all employees.
- Well versed in handling compliance and ethical related issues.
- Conducted Due diligence of Suppliers and Customers across the entity.
- Ensure commercial contracts include a strong positioning of AMECFW Governance program to enable contract wins.
- Carry out several management audits, time to time as part of process improvements
Sox Implementation and audit:
- Strategize and implemented Sarbanes Oxley (SOx) compliant for Amec FW India Operations.
- Analysed control weaknesses and implemented remedial actions.
- Implemented Sox and internal controls in the areas of Project Management and Delivery including Procurement, Finance, Human resources.
- Carried out Early Warning Testing, Control framework testing, Year-end testing and Management audits were conducted on need basis.
- Liaise with external auditors for smooth and effective conducting of management audits.
2.) Process Officer
Company Name-Location – 2014 to 2015
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of score card and flash reports of the Shared services.
- Gap analysis of the internal controls and monitored remediation.
- Internal audits on SOX and ISMS were conducted across the projects.
- Team leader for AP process, Managed a team of 25 members.
- Monthly appraisals were taken care for the team members and also involved in the setting up of benchmarks
- Successful migration of Accounts payable process from UK.
- Complete standardization and documentation of Knowledge Acquisition Plan and procedures and
- implementation of process improvements.
- Certified as Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) by Toastmasters International.
- Instrumental in conducting Youth Leadership programs.
- Mentored more than 25 toastmasters.