- Over 8+ years of extensive experience in IT industry which includes extensive Functional and Technical experience in Data Warehousing, Data Modeling, Business Intelligence (BI),Qlikview Decision Support Systems (DSS) and OLAP, ETL tools, product development and Reports Generation.
- 6+ years of working experience with Business Intelligence tool Cognos 8.1/8.2/8.3/8.4 BI
- 2+ years of experience in developing report using Qlikview.
- Experience in fill life cycle development including planning, Analysis, Design, Implementation and Maintenance using Qlikview.
- Created Models for reporting and published packages in Cognos Connection using Framework Manager
- Developed Reports using Cognos 10.1.1, 10.2.1 Active Reports & Statistics.
- Experience in Conceptual, Logical and Physical data modeling with strong knowledge of Data warehousing concepts and Dimensional modeling Star schema and Snowflake schema.
- Expert at creating Multi-dimensional Cubes for corporate data using Power Play Transformer.
- Strong programming and debugging skills in Oracle Data Warehouse, PL/SQL, SQL,Postgre SQL.
1. Senior Cognos Developer
Company Name-Location – March 2016 to Present
- ObjecNet, combined customer base includes thousands of healthcare organizations and over a million requesters throughout the United States.
- Further technological advancements were made to enhance its automated release of information system and provide flexible service delivery options for customers.
- Among these innovations are a web-based logging and tracking system for release of information requests and a secure electronic delivery mechanism for health information.
- Interaction with business users to gather business requirements and designed functional and technical requirements documentation.
- Worked on framework manager to import metadata from multiple data sources and to create subject matter models, create and publish packages to Cognos 10 server.
- Used Framework Manager to externalize query subjects in order to generate IQD data sources for Powerplay cube creation in Powerplay Transformer.
- Built and Published the Packages to Cognos 8 and Cognos 10 Server according to user requirements
- Experienced in creating different types of security in models using framework Manager.
- Secure Cognos Connection and setup Security by assigning user to the groups and roles defined in Cognos Namespace.
- Authored Reports using Report Studio and trained end users in building Ad-hoc reports using Query Studio
- Worked on Multidimensional Models and created Reports in Report Studio using Cubes as a data sources.
2. Senior Cognos Developer
Company Name-Location -July 2014 to February 2016
- Semantifi is a leader in the individual medical health insurance market. It is a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and selected international markets.
- The main aim of the project is to find various Premiums, Commission paid to the agents and premium received from the policyholder.
- We can track the premium by channels, Marketing type and location.
- Scope of the project was to conduct user requirement analysis, design detail level and summary reports in Cognos 8 BI Suite , CRN 1.1 MR2 and Cognos EP Series 7 based on knowledge management components, data warehouse and operational data stores.
- Analyzed Business requirements from the analysts.
- Involved in Designing models using Framework Manager and deployed packages to the Report Net Servers
- Implemented Framework manager security for Data access, Object level access and Package access.
- Created database layer and business layer, defining appropriate relationship between query subjects in Framework Manager.
- Modeled metadata from SQL Server 2005 data source for use in Report studio and Query Studio using Framework Manager in ReportNet
- Creating the Teradata views as per the business and reporting requirement.
- Importing the Teradata Views to the model and creating the relation between the views.
- Implemented Star Schema Grouping and Dimension Hierarchy in Framework Manager Model.
Environment: Cognos 8.2 BI Suite, Cognos Framework Manager 8.2, Cognos Impromptu 7.3, Cognos Power Play 7.3, Cognos Transformer 7.3,SQL Server 2005, Teradata, Windows 2003 Server
3. Cognos Developer
Company Name-Location – April 2009 to February 2013
- CAPS Data Warehouse (CAPS DW) provides reporting and analytical capabilities to the PA insurance department (PID) and its health insurance contractors.
- The CAPS DW also produces monthly invoices that allow PID to provide payment to the CHIP health insurers.
- Built Customized Charts like age analysis and trending, Enhanced Report Layouts.
- Created prompts, Calculations, Conditions, Filters using Report Studio.
- Worked with master-detail reports, drill-through, prompts, complex calculations, formatting, conditional formatting, Bursting reports, Cross tab, multi-query reports, charts.
- Scheduled and Brusted Reports on weekly, monthly basis.
- Deployed packages, folders and content store from a development environment to test and then to production environments.
- Fine tuned SQL queries and reports for performance.
Environment: Cognos 10.2, Cognos 7.4, Report Studio, Query Studio, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2K.
Course (Stream)/ Examination
Year of Passing
|B.E. in Computer Science & Engineering||College Name-Location||2008||75%|
- CODA (8 years)
- Cognos (8 years)
- IBM COGNOS (8 years)
- MS SQL Server (5 years)
- SQL (6 years)
- Business Intelligence: Cognos 10.2.1 Cognos 10.1.1, Cognos 8.4 FM, Cognos 8.4 Report Studio, Cognos 8.4,8.3
- Event/Analysis Studio, Transformer, Cognos Report Net 1.1, Cognos Series 7 Modeling, Power play.
- SAP:SAP Basis & BW
- RDBMS & Tools: SQL*Plus, EXP/IMP, SQL*Loader, SQL Server 8.0
- Tools: MS Project 2003, TOAD
- Databases: MS SQL Server 2000, MS Access, Green Plum
- Languages: C, C++, PLSQL
- Web Tools: HTML, XML
- Operating Systems: Microsoft 95/98/2000/XP/NT, UNIX.
Cognos Developer Resume Samples 2
- Proficient in Cognos version 8, 10, and 11 especially writing and designing advance reports using report Studio, Cognos Transformer, Power plays Cubes and active reports.
- Efficiently utilized various Cognos products to build high-end reports using different studios such as Query Studio, Report studio, Analysis studio, Event studio, Metric studio, workspace and workspace advanced.
- Proficient in building packages in framework manager, create TM1 cubes in performance modeler and power cubes in Transformer.
- Sound technical and functional expertise in BI, SQL, Oracle and the full development lifecycle.
- Fulfilled multiple roles within the project because of extensive technical, analytical and management skills as Well as the ability to multi-task.
- Experienced in creating SQL queries and reports using Oracle database software.
Month/ Year of Passing
|B.E. in Computer Science||
- COGNOS (10+ years)
- IBM COGNOS (10+ years)
- DATABASE (8 years)
- ORACLE (10+ years), SQL (10+ years)
1.) Cognos Developer
Company Name-Location – February 2011 to July 2018
- Designed, developed and supported the overall Cognos reporting model by writing reports in Cognos 10 and Cognos Analytics.
- Extensive hands on working experience developing reports using IBM Cognos planning, Oracle 11, SAP, MS SharePoint, Oracle Apex and TM1 cubes as the data sources.
- Designed star and snowflake schema packages in Cognos framework manager.
- Architected the dimensional and relational models in Cognos framework manager.
- Sound technical experience in designing and developing Olap data cubes in TM1 and Transformer.
- Developed extremely complex reports using Report studio, Metric studio, and Query studio with a backend using TM1 dimensional cubes and DMR data packages. (I.E. Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Resume, Waterfall and Waterfall comparison reports).
- Designed and developed complex dashboards that focused on using aggregate functions, Macro Token, tuple, exceptions, top-counts, Rank, and other various complex reports functions.
- Setup complex drill-through and drill up-down report functionality and set up master detail relationships in reports.
- Developed complex Active reports that inherited dashboards, complex reports and data projections.
2.) Cognos Developer
Company Name-Location – November 2009 to January 2011
- IBM Cognos BI Administration, Reporting and Planning, Transformer Power-Cubes and framework modeler.
- Design Relational Models & Dimensional models in Framework Manager, Set relationships, Filters, and Formation.
- Generate Power-Cubes using the IBM Cognos Transformers and Set Dimensions/Hierarchies/Members.
- Design reports in IBM Cognos Report Studio, Metrics Studio, Query Studio, and Analysis Studio & Event Studio.
- Create Reports and graphs using the Power cubes.
- Set Drill Down/Up behavior on Reports.
- Create master detail relationships in reports and dashboards.
- Write SQL Queries using MS SQL Server 2005. Join Queries using Primary/Foreign Keys.
- Design IBM Cognos Planning Models using the Cognos Planning, Set Libraries, D-Cubes, D-Lists, D-Item.
3.) Cognos Report Developer
Company Name-Location – August 2008 to October 2009
- Maintained IBM Cognos, Administration, Security, Installation, and Migration.
- Modeled and published packages in Framework Manager, and Cubes in transformer
- Designed and test reports using the Report Studio, Query Studio, Metric Studio, Event Studio and Analysis Studio.
- Set up master detail relationships in reports and dashboards.
- Efficiently designed and built scorecards. Worked closely with other Cognos team members.
- Designed and maintained reports using the drill down/up.
- Built efficient Dimensional queries and set up Filter, Parameters, Value prompts and Tree Prompt.
- Setup Conditional styles, Render and Style variables in reports and dashboards.
- Created, Grouped, Sorted, Format, Filtered, and Calculated data in each Query.
- Used the Join, Union, except and Intersect reporting tools to create complex reports.
- Created new Cognos security groups and roles in Cognos Connection.
- Design Source, target report and set the drill-through function.
- Worked on SQL queries and reports in Teradata Oracle.
- IBM Cognos Analytics
- IBM TM1 Performance Modeler cubes.
- Oracle Database v9i, 10g, 11g
- Microsoft SQL Server,
- Crystal Reports,
- SAP, ETL, Great Plains, Peachtree
- MS Share Point, Visual Basic, MS Suite, IE, MS Office.